Friday, May 30, 2014

Walk to Defeat ALS - April 2014

As ALS Awareness Month comes to an end, I want to give a great big Thank You to all of my family, friends and the strangers who joined, supported and donated to Sam's Twysted Ride teams in both FL and CA!  The Walks to Defeat ALS, which took place April 12th, raised ALS Awareness coast-to-coast and our teams alone collected donations for ALS research and patient care services totaling over $10,500 collectively! Thank you, thank you, thank you all!

Sam's Twysted Ride Florida Team

Sam's Twysted Ride California Team

It's how we roll
My personal Walk Day experience was both heartwarming and heartbreaking.  It is wonderful to have thousands of people gather to support their family, friends and in memory of loved ones who have already passed, working toward a common goal, making a difference together.  On the other hand, while we are winning many battles on the ALS research front, the war is far from over and there are still too many casualties ... we need to find a cure for ALS and win once and for all!

Me with ALSA Team

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chrystie
    I have been thinking about you a lot lately. The recent media coverage of Lou Gehrig's speech has certainly served as a reminder, but you're never far from my thoughts. I know your that communication via your blog has become difficult and I want you to know that I don't expect a response, I just wanted you to know that I love you and am wrapping you in thoughts of concern and love.
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete