Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The benefits of massage...

At the end of last year, I started experiencing more pain as a result of the ALS and I looked for something (preferably without negative side effects) to help.  With hypnosis, I had success with relaxation but I wasn't effectively able to block the pain.  I tried acupuncture but, again, did not feel any significant relief from the pain.  Then I read a blog in the MDA/ALS Newsmagazine called Mmmmmmmm - Massage Therapy by a woman with ALS who wrote that she was enjoying regular massages and was finding a number of benefits from it.  The massage portion of my acupuncture treatments was the one part I did feel some relief with, so I decided to give massage therapy a try.  My husband bought me a package of 5 massages and I have been going every week since.
Crystal and Annie of Las Olas Massage & Wellness

Las Olas Massage and Wellness was recommended to me locally and I have been so happy with my experience there.  Each week, I enjoy a wonderful massage from Crystal with the benefits of pain relief, relaxation, and an overall sense of well-being.

Crystal and Annie, owners and therapists at Las Olas Massage, have both become wonderful supporters and friends as well.  Both ladies joined me in the Jacksonville Walk to Defeat ALS and helped Sam's Twysted Ride raise money for a total donation of over $10,500 to the ALSA here in Florida. 

For me, finding the right massage center and therapist has been both physically and emotionally beneficial.  While it is not a cure, I look forward to my massage each week knowing I will experience a relaxing of tightened muscles and relief from some of the pain associated with ALS without the negative side effects so many medications can have.  Thank you Crystal and Annie!
Me, relaxed & happy after my massage, with Crystal and Annie




13 comments:

  1. Kudos to Crystal, Annie and the team at Las Olas! You're a great addition to our beach community. Thank you for who you are and all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Ryan Rusty there are various benefits of the therapy such as it improves better blood circulation and heals pain of the body parts.
    massage

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You maintain these articles the regular flow of information.Thanks

    acupuncture massage in London & full body massage

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey,Thanks for your most value able blog.I really like this.Your blog Idea is so follow able. Physio on Queens Rd

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very nice post. Thank you for sharing this massage.Beautiful collection .Get more, visit……………………….
    massage

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey very nice detail your provided for describing benefits of taking massage. I am seeking for massage therapist salt lake city, please share if you have something regarding.

    ReplyDelete