Sunday, May 12, 2013

Celebrating motherhood...

Motherhood has brought so much to my life, things like wonder, love, panic, understanding, frustration, hugs, kisses, worry, self-doubt, partnership, compromise, acceptance, creativity, insomnia, patience, joy, but most importantly, the gift of truly loving another unconditionally.  Motherhood does not come with an instruction manual, and even if it did, I'm sure it would be frustratingly incomplete.  At times it seems no two days are the same, yet at other times it feels like you are living the same day over and over.  It is exciting and exhausting and beautiful and scary all at the same time…like all the best adventures are. 

Today I celebrate my son because he has taught me, in a way no one else ever could, the true beauty and joy of being a mom.  Thank you for the greatest gift of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment