Thursday, April 11, 2013

We did it...the Jacksonville Walk to Defeat ALS

Last Saturday was the 10th anniversary Walk to Defeat ALS in Jacksonville.  It was a beautiful day to walk together with my team of family and friends along with so many others supporting this important cause!

In years past, I have participated in a few 5K Run/Walks for Breast Cancer and it was always an inspiring and positive experience.  However, this was the first time that I participated in this type of thing as one being supported by the cause.  Being involved as a person living with ALS, this event had a different element for me.  It was an inspiring and positive experience still, but with an additional level of emotional involvement because, this time, I was the one being surrounded and supported by my family and friends, both old and new.

I want to extend a special thank you to everyone who has supported me and Team Sam's Twysted Ride in this adventure!  I cannot express the depth of my gratitude so I will simply say thank you all!!

I also want to thank everyone at The ALS Association for all of the wonderful work they do to help people living with ALS and their families.  You make such an important difference in the lives of so many, thank you!

Sam's Twysted Ride Team with Dr. Boylan from Team Mayo

Lori, Gary, Sam, Dan and Julie
Lisa, Dad, Me and Dan after the Walk
Our good friends, Jim & Julie, came all the way from CA to Walk with us!

We're Walking here...let's defeat ALS already!
The Jacksonville Walk has a fundraising goal of $300,000 and to date, just over $230,000 has been raised (over $10,000 by Sam's Twysted Ride Team alone)!  Although the Walk is over for this year, the effort continues…

No comments:

Post a Comment