Tuesday, April 30, 2013

An anniversary of sorts...

It was one year ago today that I received the diagnosis that has forever altered my life and that of my family.  I suppose, as far as anniversaries go, this one sucked.  On the other hand, while there have been significant changes to my body and my life in the past year, I also am very aware that things could be worse and there are others out there living under more difficult circumstances, with greater challenges, with worse anniversaries to acknowledge.  So today, while I took the time to acknowledge the many negatives of my situation, I was equally aware of all the wonderful parts of my life that I am still enjoying every day with love and appreciation.

1 comment:

  1. Chrystie, aka Sam :) I was thinking about you this morning & went to your FB page to find you had started a blog. It brought me a whirlwind of emotions while I was reading it. Most of all, how proud I am of you for staying so positive through this journey. I can't say I know how you feel, but could only imagine how your days can be a daily challenge. Still to see you reaching out to your community to get awareness out there is wonderful. To start this blog for us to experience a small part of your daily life is a pleasure.
    Keep fighting this fight SAM~
    I am honored to know you & your awesome attitude!!
    ((hugs))
    Shannon Ratliff-Evans
    AGHS 1987

    ReplyDelete