Monday, December 17, 2012

Happy birthday to me...

I celebrated my 43rd birthday this past weekend and I think it was one of my best!  I didn't go anywhere particularly special or do anything life altering, it was just a wonderful day spent with people I love doing normal birthday things … because I am still just me, easy to please and with simple needs and desires.  I received some very special and thoughtful cards and gifts and I am truly appreciative to everyone - Thank you for thinking of me! 

There was one gift that was completely unexpected and it really touched me.  Sent by one of my longtime friends, inside a beautiful butterfly card she wrote that she had made a contribution to the ALS Association (ALSA) in my honor with the hope that "maybe in some small way this will help".  I was so deeply touched by this gift.  For her to support me by supporting this wonderful organization who, in addition to funding ALS research, provides help to people living with ALS in so many ways.  They offer information and assistance to help people adapt to and understand their illness; they provide assistive equipment when needed; they offer support groups and one-on-one support from people who help both the PALS (person with ALS) and CALS (caregivers for persons with ALS) continue living their lives with independence, grace, and dignity, and so much more.  Thank you, my friend, for this very special and meaningful gift!

If you are interested in learning more about ALSA or would like to offer your own contribution to help this worthy cause that is close to my heart, please visit their website at http://www.alsa.org/   Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment