Monday, September 10, 2012

Sing Together...

Last Thursday night I went to a concert with my BFF.  I have been a Train fan for over a decade and it was great to see them live! The venue was small and we had excellent seats, they put on a great show and at one point did a wonderful montage of songs from all their albums over the years.  They were very generous and interactive with the audience, which was fun, inviting more than a dozen fans on stage to sing and dance during the Mermaid song (most were teens now with a memory they will never forget), they threw t-shirts and beach balls autographed by Pat Monahan into the audience, and at the end Pat gave away a signed guitar to a fan he said had her hands up and sang every word of every song with him throughout the concert.  It was a very fun experience that I enjoyed very much! 

I wish I could say that while I was there I was transported away from all that is really going on and I could forget for a while, but that's not true.  It doesn't change the fact that I had a fun time but it never leaves me, the knowledge that life is fragile.  And not just mine, but all of us.  This past week has been a real mixture of loss and blessings rolled into one.  I won't go into the details because they are not all mine to share, but I will say that I have never felt more aware of the way life can change from one minute to the next.  You think you are doing ok, going along and living each day as best you can, then BAM, you get slammed from all sides it seems and you just don't know which way is up.

In the end, I guess the only real option is to forge ahead and keep living for those moments that make you smile, that allow you to hold on to your loved ones and make sure they know how much you love them and how much you treasure each moment shared.  When our time is up, there is nothing that we can do to stop it, but for my part, I hope to at least leave behind memories of love, friendship, laughter, and the lesson that life is to be lived every day, big or small is up to you, but enjoy it and make it the best life you can imagine. 

While I have been criticized for my beliefs, or lack of them, I will tell you that one thing I truly believe is love goes on, always!  Train ended their concert Thursday night with this song, Sing Together, from their newest album, California 37.  I've been listening to the album for a couple of months and this song sticks out for me for reasons I think will be obvious once you hear it (be aware, it can be a tear jerker).  I'm adding this video for you all and ask that you remember to sing every chance you get. 

I would like to dedicate this song especially to my friend, a very brave and strong woman who lost her mom last week.  You are in my thoughts everyday and I hope you enjoy the song. 


2 comments:

  1. There is no place I'd rather be than standing with my arms around you. As I hear the music, my heart knows and feels all you are to me. My love for you has no bounds. It is forever and ever. You show me the best of me. For this I am forever grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam....as always...so moved and inspired. I am moved in unique ways every time I read and follow you on the blog journey. It seems to me that your "voice" continues to be strong as you are finding ways to express yourself very clearly! So cool to see the video...you go girl!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete