Thursday, July 5, 2012

A good beach day...

One of the things I like best about living in Florida is the beach.  I love walking hand in hand with Dan on the beach every morning; the feel of the sand under my feet, the waves crashing on my legs as we walk through the shallow water, the warm temperature of the ocean at just about any time of day, playing ball with Harly and seeing how happy it makes him, the fun surprise of finding a shell that's still complete or tossing a stranded starfish back in to give it a chance to make it, the little fish that swim all around my feet, and the special treat of seeing dolphins now and then. 

Today was a good beach day.  It started with a nice walk down the beach with Dan and Harly, as most of our days begin.  On our walk, we saw half a dozen dolphin cruising along just outside the waves which always makes me happy.  I found a pretty shell to add to my growing collection.  We stopped to meet a few dogs (and their owners).  We played ball with Harly.  The water was warm and the sun was warmer so I went for a swim before we left, something I love to do.  Later in the afternoon, on our second walk of the day, there was a beach cleanup going on organized by a group called KeepersOfTheCoast.org.  We signed in and picked up trash (mostly cigarette butts, gum, and hair ties but there was also a sock, part of a tire, a single fin, and lots of firework trash) along the way.   All in all, it was a really good beach day.

No comments:

Post a Comment